Dorit’s Banana Cake
It is so amazing! Serve it with cream cheese frosting.
- 1 1/4 c sugar. (I use one cup so it isn’t so sweet)
- 1/2 c butter (room temperature)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 4 Tbsp plain yogurt
- 1 very RIPE banana
- 1/2 t salt
- 1 1/2 c cake flour (or use regular flour but use a couple T less)
- 1 t baking powder
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1 block soft cream cheese
- 1 Tbsp lemon or pineapple juice
- 2.5 cups powdered sugar
- Cream together eggs, butter and sugar.
- Add vanilla to the sugar/butter mixture.
- Sift together dry ingredients (salt, flour and baking powder).
- In a separate bowl, mix together the baking soda and yogurt. Allow to bloom.
- Then mush in the very ripe banana into the yogurt mixture.
- Alternately add the dry and yogurt mixture to the sugar, butter mixture.
- Bake in a floured cake pan at 350 F, depending on pans, at least half an hour.
- Allow to cool before frosting.
- Whip the cream cheese.
- Add the liquid.
- Mix in powdered sugar until the right consistency is achieved. This may require adding in more liquid.